The SimpleSchool Grading & Analysis App
Struggle no more with Students’ Result. With a click of a button print or send result via email to all your students’ parents at once.
Good for all educational institutions, where learning is measured for all ages of students.
By Gbenga Ayanfe
SimpleSchool Grading & Analysis App is a Simple, Editable, Effective and User-friendly School Grade Maker. It runs off-line on Microsoft Excel, designed with Ms VBA.
IT AUTOMATICALLY GENERATES A CUSTOMIZED RESULT DETAILS FOR EACH STUDENT AND SENDS IT TO PARENTS’ EMAIL.
DIFFERENT USERS HAVE DIFFERENT PASSWORD TO SIGN UP TO THEIR OWN SUBJECT AREA(S) ONLY.
Features of the Grading App
- It is a macro-enabled excel app therefore, it opens up in Microsoft Excel.
- It is editable and can be customized to meet your needs.
- It runs off-line. you only need the internet to send mails.
- It is easy to use and user-friendly.
- It designed on per-class basis but, can be copied and used for any number of classes in the school.
- You can send mails via outlook, gmail or yahoo.
- It measures and analyses Cognitive, Psychomotor and Affective skills.
- It measures and analyses attendance record.
- It accommodates 20 subjects and 7 different test items.
- It generates a detailed 2-page result output including academic performance, assessment of skills and behaviour and attendance record.
- Graphical display of all generated result.
Measuring students’ cognitive, affective and psychomotor performance is key to the success of any educational institution. Research has shown that teachers find this task rigorous and time consuming and, in the bid to combine this with their core duties, they often make some errors in the computation and analysis of the result. However, it should not be a rigorous and tedious task for educators.
In this 21st century, computation and analysis of students’ performance should transcend to ‘electronic’ to meet up with the pace of the changing trend of globalization and analysis of data.
It is on this premise that Prime Academy Resource, after thorough research, launched the SimpleSchool Grading and Analysis App. With a click of a button or two, the educator does not only have the students’ academic performance graded, he also has a comprehensive analysis of each student performance, class overall performance and test items performance.
Prime Academy Resource is an organization poised and determined to make day-to-day work conditions seamless by providing affordable computing solutions to meet the growing demands of our esteemed partners.
We will be glad to offer your institution our product, SimpleSchool Grading and Analysis App to automate the grading and analysis of your students’ academic performance with 100% error free and automatic generation of report sheets.
It is divided into 3 types:
Pre-School App – click
Pre-Primary App – click
Primary & Secondary App
The Details of The App
This App is designed to test students on up to 20 subjects, 8 psychomotor skills, 8 affective skills with 7 test items of different weights. Academic grading scale and behavioural rating of your choice is required.
NOTE: IT IS AN EDITABLE APP.
Data Entry Page
Fill in the students’ data; just click in the date of birth column to insert date from the pop up calendar.
Also, just click in the picture column, a dialog box opens for you to attach picture from your system.
Fill in the School details and others and the learning Areas.
Fill in the following according to your preference. This App accommodates:
- 8 psychomotor skills
- 8 Affective skills
- 20 Subjects and
- 7 Test Items
Note: The weight of the Tests must sum up to 100%
Also, anytime you make changes to the Subjects, remember to click the RED TAB above the subjects to effect the changes, otherwise your changes will not count.
Subject Score Entry Page
After entering your data correctly on the Data Entry Page and clicking the RED TAB on the subject column, the subject pages are ready to use with your data installed adequately.
What to do on the subject pages?
First, Type in the total mark of each test above it in the space provided.
Then, click the “Click For 1st Term Score Entry” tab.
In the Data Entry Form Input scores for each pupil accordingly.
First, Select the student’s name from the drop-down arrow;
Then, click the RETRIEVE BUTTON,
Next, type in the test scores and the teacher’s comment,
Then, click UPDATE, then OK.
Repeat the process for other students, when you’re done click VIEW SHEET.
The scores appear on the page and all calculation is done automatically.
You can scroll down to check other analysis and graph.
Follow the same process to change an existing score.
Please, take note of the term you’re working on.
This App is class based. It can accommodate 50 children per class. It can be duplicated for other classes in the school (Copy and paste).
Affective & Psychomotor Skills Entry
Type the required number for each student under each attribute.
This shows the overall score and analysis of the entire class.
The attendance section is also well documented and analyzed. At the beginning of every term, the Attendance Start date and End date are set. Then, the App adjusts to the dates set for the term. Pupils are marked accordingly.
P – Present
A – Absent
L – Late
H – Holiday
As the teacher marks, the daily and termly analysis is done automatically. This will reflect on the pupils’ result page.
The Report Page
This is a detailed analysis of the pupils’ performance.
It Shows the following:
- School’s details
- Pupil’s Bio-data
- Term & Session
- Scores in each Test in each Subject
- Total score in each subject, percentage and grade
- Overall score Total
- Overall percentage score
- Subject Teacher’s Comment
- Class Teacher’s Comment
- Head of School’s Comment
- Graphical display of scores
- Affective & Psychomotor Skills Score and Analysis
- Attendance record and percentage
- Resumption date (to be edited on the Report Page)
“This App can be used for 50 pupils per class, It can be duplicated to cater for any number of classes. It’s extremely simple to use and highly efficient. It can be used by multiple users, who only view subjects and pages assigned to them by the administrator.”
Printing and Email Section
To Print the Current Page, Click “Print Current Result in PDF”. This will convert the current School Fees details to PDF, then you can send to printer.
To Print all the School Fees of the Students in the Current Class on the Page, Click “Print ALL Results in PDF”. This converts all the fees of the students in the class to PDF, then you can send them to printer.
The Email Template: This shows the information that will go with the attached School fees you are sending for each child.
The variables in the two #, i.e. “# #” will be replaced by the actual names in the Email.
#StdName# represents the Student’s name. If the Student’s name is Anna, #StdName# will be replaced with Anna in the Email.
Be careful when editing the Email Template. Do not change the texts of the variables. You can change other things if you need to.
You can send the email with
- Gmail or
FOR OUTLOOK: If you have Microsoft outlook installed on your system;
Click “Send Current Result With Outlook” to send the current fee displayed to the parent’s email as computed on the info page. This opens Outlook with the customized message and the student’s school fees attached. You the click send.
Click “Send ALL Results With Outlook” to send all the school fees of students of the current class displayed at once.
This opens Outlook with the customized message and the students school fees attached. You then click send for each student.
FOR GMAIL AND YAHOO
First, click “CLICK TO SET USERNAME AND PASSWORD FOR GMAIL & YAHOO” tab to set mail address you are sending the message from. Note that this must be a valid Email and Password!
Click “SEND CURRENT RESULT WITH GMAIL” to send the current fees displayed via GMAIL.
Click “SEND ALL RESULTS WITH GMAIL” to send to all the students in the current class displayed at once via GMAIL.
Click “SEND CURRENT RESULT WITH YAHOO” to send the current fees displayed via YAHOO.
Click “SEND ALL RESULTS WITH YAHOO” to send to all the students in the current class displayed at once via YAHOO
REMEMBER, YOU NEED INTERNET TO SEND MAILS!!!
When an Admin logs in, the Admin page opens.
You can change this after you log in.
- Log in name and time: This is where the user name and log in time is stored.
- Users Details Section: This is where you have the following:
- Username: This is where you put names for users
- Passcode: This is where you put password for each user
- Allow Page: Click in the column and select pages (from drop down) in front of each user to assign pages that can be viewed by the user.
- Current User: This displays current user’s name
- Pages Name: This column displays the name of all the pages in the Application
- Admin Username and Passcode: This is where you input Admin usernames and passwords. Admins have access to this page.
Other Tabs include
- Show Users: The users username and password are automatically hidden. To show these you click this button
- Show Admins: The users username and password are automatically hidden. To show these you click this button
- Log in: Click to log in again or as a different user.
- Show All Pages: Click to show all pages
- Hide All Pages: Click to hide all the pages
- Navigate: Click to navigate to another page
If you need a different customization for your institution, we can do that for you. Contact us.
If you need a different customization for your institution, we can do that for you. Contact us.